CRACKING THE SHELL OF DANCE
Join the 1-on-1 dance meetings
Choreographer and dancer Jade van den Hout is looking for 24 people who want to be part of her research. ‘Cracking the shell of dance’ is a search for the origin of the motivation to dance. She invites various local residents, to join her in the studio for a 1-hour dance meeting.
Why do we dance?
What does dance mean for you?
What rhythms make you dance?
These exchanges form an essential part of her creative process where at a later stage she will work towards a solo presentation. Everyone is welcome to join; children, teenagers, adults, elderly, with or without experience, who are curious and interested in participating.
– A one-time individual session of 1 hour with Jade, where we will work on the research question in an informal way, we do this through both dancing and talking
– Sessions take place in the evenings: time slots 18:30-19:30 and 20:00-21:00
28- 30 June
12-14, 16-17, 19- 22 July
17-19, 23-25, 30-31 August
– Location: studio Club SoDa
– Participation is on a voluntary basis
– Concerning measurements due to Covid-19 are taken into account, sessions are flexible enough to guarantee safety and distance
For registration or further information write to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jade van den Hout is initiator of DaybyDay under which various 24-hour projects are carried out, dance from day to day. As a maker she wants to create more space and opportunities for new local meetings in which she sees the dancing body as an instrument for communication.
The end result of ‘Cracking the shell of dance’ will be presented on the 4th of November, 2021 at ClubSoDa/DansBrabant.
A DaybyDay-project. Teaser recorded in Club SoDa. Coproduction: DansBrabant. Made possible by: Makersfonds Tilburg. Thanks to: The100Hands, DansBrabant, Het Zonnelicht. Teaser: © Dave Meckehorst